During monsoons, water used to overflow over the causeway thus causing inconvenience to locals. Also, the waterway was blocked due to the existing pipes in order to restore the sea fauna life. This was until the Jacinto Island bridge was constrcuted.
The bridge connects the beautiful island of St. Jacinto to the mainland.
- Total length of bridge – 96 m with approaches of 90 m on either side.
- Width of bridge – 12.5 m including footpaths.
- 6 spans 16 m each continuous solid slab superstructure with footpaths on either side.
- Two lane bridge with footpaths on either sides.
- Superstructure to directly rest on pile caps.
- Substructure to comprise of bearing pedestals, pile caps and piles.
- Bridge with proposed approaches has parabolic profile in elevation.
- Mural of china mosaic work, designed by Goa College of Arts, has been carried out on the crash barriers on the footpath side.
M/s. M. Venkata Rao Infra Projects Pvt. Ltd.
M/s. Madhav Kamat & Associates
See Similar Projects
Hot mixing of road from O’ Coqueiro to Calangute beach via St Anthony Chapel and from St. Anthony Chapel to Fort Aguada in Bardez Taluka.View Project